Why campaign for real ale?
ale is a wonderful drink best enjoyed in the atmosphere of a traditional
community pub. However, our breweries and community pubs are under
threat from companies who would happily take over our pubs and limit
the choice of drinks to their own gassy lagers and 'smooth flow'
- Maintain consumer rights
- Promote quality, choice and value for money
- Support the public house as a focus of community life
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders
and perries as part of our national heritage.
What does membership offer?
As a member of CAMRA you will benefit from:
- Free or cheaper admission to CAMRA run beer festivals
- Discounts on CAMRA merchandise
- What's Brewing - the national monthly newspaper
- Branch Social Events - including brewery trips and local area
In the towns and many rural villages of north Oxfordshire we are
lucky enough to have a wealth of traditional pubs serving many different
varieties of real ale. One of our villages is also home to one of
the oldest breweries in the country. Still working today, Hook
Norton Brewery was founded in 1849 and is still powered by its
original steam engine.
How can I join?
To become a member of CAMRA follow the link below to join from
our Headquarters in St Albans or download and print off the membership
form at your leisure.
Join CAMRA online
Download membership form (2.36MB